The main church of the village of Trikomo was built in XII. century on a single platform and a single dome, the side walls have indented arches. This type of Cypriot church can be seen from XII. century onwards. A northern vault and platform was added to the building in XV. Century, the additions were added at the later date.
The church was completely resorted in 1804. The modern bell-tower with engraved marble panels situated in the north-east corner, was most probably taken from ab original iconanststen banister. Most of the XII. century wall paintings are presently being preserved, the paintings were restored in 1966, the upper parts of the vaults were replastered, the indents of the southern wall displaying paintings from XII. century were discovered in November 1967.
After the restoration by there TRNC Department of Antiquities and Museums, the church was opened after "World Museum Day" an 23rd May 1991 under the tittle of Icon Museum of Iskele.