It is very centrally placed in nicosia. It was converted into a mosque from a Latin church. As it was in a bad state in the 1890's, it was restored by Ali Pasha in 1902. The mosque is seen to be under Arab influence; it has a noteworthy wooden ceiling. In 1962, when its foutain was being knocked down, a marble sarcophagus with inscriptions in Greek was uncovered. The style of writing and the huge cross on it indicate that it dates back to the Byzantine period. It is used as a wedding-hall at present.