The architectural style of the church is a mixture of the Byzantine and Gothic styles. It belongs to the Orthodox order and was built in the 15th century. The church consists of a central nave flanked by chapels on either side with a three-part apsis at the end. The ceiling has Gothic vaulting. It is evident from the structure of the building that it was a bishopric church. The top part collapsed during the Ottoman siege in 1571. It is possible to see cannon marks on the walls.